Friday, September 2, 2011

2: A Salad by Any Other Shape... (California Handroll Inspired Salad)

I try to have rules or at least guidelines when I pick a theme for my cooking/blogging. When you google the word "salad," it's interesting the assortment of recipes that will come up. I feel like I should have some sort of definition or boundaries for what I can and cannot include in this category.  The definition I am going with is:

A mixture containing a specified ingredient served with a dressing

I think I can work with that!

But wait... does a salad have to be tossed?

A quick check of my working definition indicates that it does not!

So tonight's posting is very short and simple. I was making California Rolls (sushi made with imitation crab, avocadoes, and cucumber) for my son today and decided to work in some lettuce and call it today's salad.

VOILĂ€!


I found this to be a really yummy substitute for the typical handroll that includes rice and seaweed and I think I'm going to start including this option whenever I make California Rolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment