Monday, September 5, 2011

5: Mexican Grilled Steak Salad

It's Labor Day today and to me, holidays that occur in warm weather should be celebrated with food cooked on the grill. Since I was home alone today, I bought a steak and made myself a Mexican Salad.

My fixings included:
  • Leaf lettuce
  • Homemade salsa (tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, in lime juice)
  • Jicama
  • Carrots
  • Slivered bell pepper
  • Black beans (from a can)
  • Corn (from a can)
  • Cilantro
  • Avocado
  • Grilled steak (simply seasoned with salt and pepper)

I'm not much for cheese so I left that out, as well as the tortilla chips that are traditionally in this type of salad. I dressed with Ranch dressing, since that was what I had available.


Hope you all had your fill of yummy food this holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment